Day 41: (9/9/13 late post) – Sixmonthiversary


Charles and I got hitched six months ago,  and it’s been an amazing journey so far. Through the trials we’ve faced and joys we’ve shared, we’ve stood together…as we always have…but our bond just seems to grow even stronger with each passing day.

Most recently, he’s been so great with the recovery from my wrist surgery.  Helpful in taking up extra housework even though he so often works late and more often lately hasn’t had many weekends off (including labor day). Selfless in giving up his side of the bed so I could prop my arm up more comfortably, 3am runs to the fridge for more ice, and cvs dashes for pretty much anything I ask for to make my recovery go smoother or be a little less boring. 

Wrist is healing up nicely,  and I’m not sure how I coulda got through the anxiety before and recovery progress I’ve made so far without my Fella.

The day before our sixmonthiversary,  I was so happy he had the day off. I figured, as we watched football, that this would be the time we spent together for the mini-milestone. It was a little sad, but we had fun with his folks – I’d not pass up the chance to see them either. He’s my hubbs but he’s their son and I know how to share. Not to mention,  they are both really wonderful people I enjoy spending time with.  It was a good day-before-sixmonthiversary-quality-time session.

It didn’t hit me fully, til we were driving home, that Mondays at his work were the worst for lateness. There was a high likelihood that I wouldn’t see him at all beyond the morning send off til Tuesday morning, since I usually fall asleep before he gets home Monday nights. I been so moody lately, and it made me a little weepy. He apologized, which he didn’t have to do (totally not his fault) that he had to work…he and I stayed up later than we should have that night just reminiscing about our big day just six months ago, being up long enough for midnight to roll in so we could say “Happy Sixmonthiversary” all official-like on the actual day.

So the next morning I sent him off to work. I threw myself into artwork, drawing the runners up in the crowd creation art vote. Completely finished the goddess, and began work on the apace valkyrie, and he let me know he could at least make lunch. We enjoyed some taco bell and held hands while ate our burritos,  and I was so happy to see him.

When he dropped me off, his absense was felt, and the presence of my painkiller was too, so I caught a little nap. After about an hour or so, I woke,  and decided to call my Mama and chat a bit. I mean, when you’re blue, ya either call hubbs (who was in meetings much of the afternoob) or Mama. They both make me feel better.

While I was on the phone with Mama,  there came a knock at the door, and I answered it. There stood a man holding the flowers, saying, “Flower Delivery for Jaclyn Stuard.” I knew who sent them, of course,  and it was so super sweet.

The delivery guy was worried passing the vase to me with the battle damage on my wrist, but I assured him I had it. I qas quite tickled the guy actually said Stuard properly, not Straud or stward.


“Mama, I got flowers!” I said over the speakerphone call to my parents.

“He got her flowers, Leland…did you hear that? He got her flowers. You should take some notes from this boy.” Mama said playfully.

“Yes, Ma…I heard.” Dad replied,  obviously pleased with her tone, but he returned to his normal voice and said, “That’s very nice of him.”

We gabbed about the types of flowers in the arrangement, all the while Mama would point out her favorites to Dad-la in case he “didn’t know.” They were red and yellow, like our wedding colors, since my fave flowers (the daffodils) were out of season.

My brothers dropped by mom’s house,  and both were congratulatory. Jenson vocally, while Jarod’s nod was relayed verbally by Mama

Mama, Dad, and I chatted a little longer before I was ready for another nap, as were they. We said our farewells,  then it was off to sleepy land again. But not before my mini photoshoot with my bouquet, sharing pics on social media.

I woke up around 6…when Charles is SUPPOSED TO be coming home,  and I was a little down again, but I keep looking at the sunshiney bouquet and thought, “he sent me those since he couldn’t be here himself…chin up, girlie. There’s more wedded bliss to come tomorrow.”

I was in the midst of updating vote posts and working on some pixel art when I heard keys turning in my door.  It was about 8pm, and I was ecstatic. My fella came through the door.  He had sneaked (or snuck…whatever) away from work to come make sure I was doing okay. He got glomped and thanked for the flowers as I told him how happy I was to see him.

He said that work had cleared out a bit, and he didn’t have much left to work on, and asked if I’d come with him and keep him company. I started grabbing up my art stuff and he said “you don’t need all that stuff. Just take what you NEED.” I grabbed my keys,  wallet, cell, and meds (as I was due another dose), slipped on ny sandals, and we left.

He missed both turn ins for his work complex. Said he’d make the uturn but again he kept going. We finally reached the Jared jewelry store where we had gotten our wedding bands. He said “you’ve been wanting to get our rings cleaned and today seemed like a good day. ”

I was super excited, and he and I enjoyed the service by the gals there, trying to sell us even more jewelry.  They kept offering that I try on rings and I told them “I have all the rings I need.”

Once we reclaimed our rings, all super sparkly, he said it was time to go back to work.  I groaned a little, saying I shoulda brought my sketch book at least. He shrugged it off and he headed back. But he missed the shortcut.  So we took the long way there, and then turned early into the parking lot of one of my fave restaurants.

“This is too much…you gotta get back to work, lovey!” I said. “And I don’t have anything for you…”

He hushed me and said “I’m not going back, and I have you. I don’t need a gift ”

“You’re not going back to work tonight?!” I practically rocket launched toward him, hugging his arm tight from the passenger seat.  “Today is the best sixmonthiversary a girl could ask for.”

We grabbed dins, which was way yummy, all while talking, talking about our day and how sparkly our rings are now, and we watched the Redskins take on the Eagles on Monday Night Football.

We stayed up late again, chatting more like we had the night before. We were both thankful to have each other and to have so blessed with happiness. We have been apart a lot lately, but I should have known that day was just as important to him as it was to me that we be together on our sixmonthiversary.

I know I say this all the time, but I’m truly a lucky girl.  I found the love of my life, who’s sweeter and kinder than anyone who isn’t married to him or related to him could really imagine, and he even manages to surprise me with being even more of both than I had even realized. We learn more about each other every day, and it’s been a wonderful journey so far.  Can’t wait for the next six months…and the next…and the next, til our days are past.

I know when we’re old and grey,  we’ll still hold hands everyday and never go more than a few hours without saying, “I love you.” We’ll take care of one another. Honor and cherish.  Through the good and the bad. In sickness and in health.

I hope that everyone who reads this finds someone like I’ve found (nope…sorry ladies…ya can’t have mine!), or already has. And that when you do, hold on tight, and make sure to let them know they are loved as often as you possibly can.

This may all sound like sappy newlywed talk, but I’ve been with this man for over 9 years. The ring and last name may be new, but the love has been around for a long time.


I love ya, Fella. Totally for always and then some.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s