Well a very delayed Happy New Year to you all. To be fair, I totally got close to when Lunar New Year is sooooo, partial credit?
Obviously, I’ve been AWOL for a very long time. I have had an eventful few months, so let me bring you up to speed.
– Spent Christmas together with my family and my husband. It was the first time in the entirety of our time together (since 2004) that we were in the same place for the holidays, and it was awesome. We built a tiny snowman. We missed all the really bad weather. We even drove up and back in our own car and the car didn’t die (yet).
– During December, I noticed a distortion in my vision. Turns out I had a CNVM – Choroidal Neo-Vascular Membrane, which is when a view forms between the retina and sclera (the white part) in the eye, and mine was bleeding right near the Macula, so it was near the center of my vision. Thankfully, it wasn’t anything more serious or anything chronic, but I did have to get an injection directly into my eye, which was tough.
During the month of January, I was largely out of commission online, as looking at anything backlit, like my phone or laptop, was incredibly difficult, and reading anything was nearly impossible. I wore an eyepatch when I’d do my commission work, which I dubbed “Pirate Art Hour”. I still wear the eyepatch from time to time, but it’s not required nearly as frequently.
Earlier this month, the doc said it’s clearing up, which of course I noticed, and that a second injection should not be required. I was and am a happy girl.
– On October 15, 2013 I launched an artist facebook page to display my work, get feedback, grow my audience, and seek out more commission patrons. I have been putting a lot of time and energy in there, and we just hit 100 likes about a week ago. LINK There’s the link for the page, if you want to come join the fun. I’m hoping to launch a giveaway sometime in the coming week, so come check it out!
– I recently entered an art contest drawing a custom outfit for Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII, and I think it came out well (LINK). I will also be entering a contest drawing Diablo characters. I think I learned from the last time I entered a similar contest, and my sketched concepts are pretty dynamite, if I do say so myself. If you know of or are hosting a contest that I should enter, shoot me a line here! I wanna get into more.
– I’ve applied to an upcoming artist alley, my first where I’m participating in more than the art show (which I did in 2001 at Otakon). I’m still waiting to hear if I got in, but I should know in March. Wish me luck! ❤
– I began working again, returning to a QA testing position at n-Space on a secret project, so my NDA prohibits me from saying more, but from the look of things so far, the game will be brilliant. First time being a part of the same team as Charles, which has not caused even a little trouble because he and I are totally PRO. We understand that man and wife can work in the same place and not be all up in each other’s business constantly or having domestics in the lunch room or anything like that.
Only one day a week so far, which will increase as the project ramps up. Not to mention, this schedule allows me time to keep doing my art stuff, running my facebook, and hopefully continue writing this blog, which I have neglected for so long.
And now I’m tired. Haha! Got a little cold, so I haven’t felt my best. I woke up early too to help my sis (she’s almost a DOCTOR!) …so part of me just wants to curl back up under the covers. I think I shall rock some dayquil and try to make some art today.
Be seeing you again soon, I hope.